24.7.12

Yep the Blue n Yellow Quilt

 did finally get finished and was handed over to my sister who really loves it, I enjoyed sewing up this pattern and have some pink fabrics earmarked to make another at a later date. Being a special gift I decided to have it quilted by a local LAQ, it was the first time I have had a quilt professionally quilted and I was so excited to see how lovely the all over pattern turned out when I got it back from Kym at PQS. Thanks Kym.


next on my list was a Quillow for my eldest Granddaughter, the poor darling has been waiting for awhile for me to get this done, I finally got motivated and sewed up some blocks ready to try the disappearing nine patch technique and played with some fabrics on my design wall to plan the whole quilt, I think it will be okay now that I have more or less got the layout worked out in my head. Here's a peek at the fabrics I am using.


But in the mean time we have had a new addition to the family. My hubby's niece has had her first bub, a beautiful little boy who arrived a few weeks early so I have put the quillow aside for a little bit while I make his gift, sooo I have been busy sewing up more nine patches, a glutton for punishment I think.
So many quilts to make hope I live to 100. 

 

 

5 comments:

Karen Mallory said...

Sister's quilt looks lovely! I love the fabrics for the Quillow and great 9 patches! You sure have been busy, busy!!
hugs Karen

Anita said...

Your sisters quilt is beautiful!! Bet she loves it!!

aussiequilter said...

hi Diana-beautiful quilt ! Are you entering it in the Bundeburg show this week? Our quilt group here in hervey bay are taking a bus up to the quilt show and would love to catch up if you are going. cheers Teri

Diana said...

Teri, did you receive the message I sent you to your inbox
hugs Diana

Heather said...

Love your patchwork projects, I just love patchwork things. Great inspiration here. Heather from craft group.