16.1.11

What do you do

on a really hot day in the Queensland outback town of Mt Isa.......pack up the kids and dogs and the 4 wheelers and head for the river of course....
more pics HERE

On a more serious note I am guessing that most like me, have been watching the TV and seeing all the devastation that the floods have caused in QLD and now also NSW and Vic.
I found it hard to pull myself away from watching as it got worse and worse and then as the cleanup began it brought tears to my eyes and made my heart swell with pride seeing how many willing people answered the Premier's call for help with the massive task of clearing out the mess and helping to get families back into their homes.
There is lots of ways the rest of us who cant physically be there to lend a hand can help out, I have seen many blogs and websites offering so many helpful ideas as well as the Premier's Disaster Relief Appeal
In case you are still deciding how you would like to do your little bit I would like to guide you over to two of my friends blogs, Khristina and Lucky where they are providing a few different avenues for you to consider.
And from me personally I would like to say a big thank you to all those who have got in and got dirty to help those in need, you have my utmost admiration and Thank You for making me so proud to be an Aussie.
hugs
Diana

4 comments:

Wacky Woman said...

Such devastating news to be sure. Thank you for the links. Cute, cute pictures.

Khris said...

I am the same with not being able to drag myself from the tv....I have never sat in front of it for so long in my entire life....its gut wrenching and heart breaking...hugs
Khris

Unknown said...

Those girls are just so beautiful!


hugz
Pam

Lois said...

Lovely pics of the girls.
Yes it makes you proud to be an Aussie doesn't it.
Hugs
Lois